For the modern-day retailer, having not just stock availability, but also plenty of product variety is a crucial component to gathering and keeping customers.
The downside? Each product could have multiple attributes and dozens of different combinations. There can be a master or ‘parent’ item that branches out to many different ‘child’ variations such as colours, textures, sizes, logos and prices. Coordinating all of these different item attributes can become tedious.
It’s why we’ve developed our new Product Variants feature, which is now available on SpendaPOS for no extra cost to our customers. This feature allows businesses to add variants for products that come in more than one option directly from your iPad POS.
Our variant builder simplifies the process and automatically creates all possible product combinations based on simple data entered.
The UI has also been updated so products with variants are easily identified through their parent product.
Products with variants have also been given a boost during the sales process with a combination picker to avoid scrolling through multiple options. If you sell items that come in different sizes, colours or patterns this feature is for you and is guaranteed to save your business valuable time.
How our Product Variants feature works
Using an electronics store and model variants of an iPad as an example, the below run through explains how our new feature makes inventory management even easier.
- Business selects ‘New Product’ from within the Sales module.
- The iPad Code, SKU, Barcode, Brand, Description, Class, Image and Category can be created under the ‘General’ tab, while prices can be adjusted under the ‘Price’ tab.
- Once a product is created, it can be upgraded to a Master Inventory item via the new ‘Variants’ tab. The ‘Variants’ option will appear in the top right corner after the Master item is created.
- Click ‘Add Variants’ from the top right corner. Here you can create variants under ‘Property Name’ such as size, GB, colour etc. Abbreviations for these variants can also be added.
- For however many types you need or create, our software will calculate the variations for you. For example, if you have three iPad storage sizes in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB and six colours for each iPad, our Product Variants feature will automatically create 18 different models.
- All variation classes can be posted to your financial account (Xero, MYOB ARL or Quickbooks Online) directly. Meaning all inventory adjustments with pricing, orders and sales will integrate in real-time. You can quickly and easily change the master price for all variants in real-time if need be.
- Once updated, you can search for the iPad variations under the inventory management tab on the app, showing each model you’ve created. You can select the iPad storage size and colour etc. Once selected, you can adjust the order in real-time, and add this to your sale like normal.
- Our lightning-fast in-built iPad barcode scanner can also be used to add items to the sale or your purchase order. If the barcode is on the master item, it will also pop up with the wizard interface of all variants to help you choose the appropriate model.
Want to see how our Product variations feature can improve your inventory management?
Discover more at spenda.co/spenda-app